Monday, August 15, 2011

Angel Dog

Last week, Maria of Crafty Creations had to say goodbye to one of her four-legged family members, Layla.  I wanted to send her a special sympathy card, and as soon as I saw on the photos she posted on her blog, I knew exactly what I wanted to do:
I just had to make an angel dog, which I did by printing out Layla's photo and using the trace feature in Silhouette Studio to cut it out, although it probably would have been easier and quicker to just cut it out myself.  The wings were a Silhouette file, and then I embossed the smaller wing using SU's Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The background paper is a pretty shimmery one from a DCWV pack, matted with Smokey Shadow on a Soft Stone base (a pretty big one, too- 5.5 x 8.5 because I just could force myself to make it any smaller).  The sentiment is from Verve.  Maria did say she got a little teary-eyed when she opened it, but I hope it was in a remember-the-good-times way.

I don't even want to discuss how far behind I am in my blog comments; I had good intentions this weekend and then Every Word: Crossings on the Kindle sucked me into the couch for most of the day.  I also saw The Help, which I would definitely recommend (although the book is, as always, better).  I also saw Crazy. Stupid. Love. before school started and would definitely recommend that one, too, if only for the New Balance shoe joke (although the rest of it is pretty darn good, too).  I hope all of y'all are having a great week! 

13 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is sweet and beautiful, and I can certainly understand why Maria got teary-eyed when she received it.

Sue from Oregon said...

Aww Meg, Maria will treasure this and the thoughts that come with it!

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a sweet card. I got a little teary-eyed looking at it, too (b/c of my pup). I love how you cut out the photo--she'll always love looking at it.

KER said...

very nice and thoughtful

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Oh Meg - the waterworks are flowing again! I didn't expect to see it on the blog (not sure why-just wasn't prepared to see her face right there)

Once again - thank you for your sweet card. I love her angel wings! I hope she's being a good girl up in heaven!!!

I will treasure this forever!!!
Maria

Jenny said...

Oh what a sweet card Meg, so thoughtful :)
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

Meg, what a sweet card for a friend who needs some comfort. and I think you'd have to be a stone or something not to tear up a little. A wonderfully sweet card.

kasia c. said...

This is so amazingly sweet! What an awesome tribute to an adorable loved one.
LOVE it. :)

Angela said...

So sweet of you -- and the details just make this a perfect tribute. The embossed wings, the photo -- what a treasure!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Awwww...this is such a heartfelt pet sympathy card, Meg. She will cherish this card.

Jessi Fogan said...

What a great idea for a sympathy card - no kidding Maria was teary-eyed.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing "The Help." Outside of Harry Potter I don't tend to like movie adaptations, but this seems like it would translate really well - and the ads I've seen keep making me think they did a good job.

Jen W. said...

So so sweet. So sorry for Maria....

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

What a special idea! I'll bet it was greatly appreciated!