Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Market Street Stamps Design Team

(psst...you can see my Gallery Idol post here and vote here.)

Unnamed Koala Joey was right when he said I had some big news to share today...I am now officially a
I just found them a little while ago (I know, what rock have I been living under?) and I fell in love with all the cuteness of their stamps.  And then I saw their backgrounds--gorgeous AND big enough for a card front.  What more could a girl ask for?

Well, maybe to be on their design team.  So I asked and they said yes!  Then I saw the rest of the crew and HOLY MOLY are you going to be excited when you see all the fabulous gals that are on the team with me!  I feel stampier just by being on the same team as them!  The senior design team was announced last month, and today they are revealing one new member every hour on the hour starting with me (eek!) and ending at 5:00 Central with an awesome super-secret announcement.  Even awesomer, with every DT member reveal comes a chance for you to win that DT member's favorite stamp set!  To enter, just leave a comment on each post on the Market Street Stamps blog! (Just to be clear, comments on my blog will not enter you to win the stamp set, but they will win you my love and affection and really, what could be better than that?  Although I admit it's difficult to make cute cards with just my love and affection.  Maybe if you rub an eraser over my love and affection and then use pigment ink, that might help.  Long aside short, go to the MSS blog to enter!)

I'm sure by now you're wondering, "Meg, what is your favorite stamp set (so far)?"  Well, you may have noticed I'm a wee bit of a nerd.  Who is married to a geek.  And has a corgi who is a dorg[1].  Have you guessed my stamp set yet?  Here's a hint:

Yes, it's Computer Cutie!  I made this card as a shout-out to all of my far-flung interweb friends, so for the background I tried to recreate those pin maps that show where your blog visitors are.  I traced a (simplified) world map in Silhouette Studio and then did some massive continental drift to get as much as possible onto a square card.  After adhering the continents, I colored some small white pearls with a red copic to act as the pins--again playing a bit fast and loose with my geography as well as followers (although if anyone is following me from Ghana, I'd love to know!).  For the computer, I stamped it both in grey and red, then cut out the red screen and added glossy effects. 
Quite the cutie, right?  Just like all of my computer friends (that means YOU!)

I'm looking forward to getting y'all hooked on Market Street, so I hope you're ready!  Don't forget to check the MSS blog for a DT member reveals and chances to win all day today!

[1] dorg/dôrg/  noun.  Combination of "dork" and "dog" used to describe canines who exhibit such behaviors as: trying (and succeeding) of getting out of their travel crate while on vacation by unzipping the zipper from the inside; barking at the wind blowing the trees, but ignoring a cat sitting on the patio furniture; falling up the stairs.  Coined by Mr Corgi in 2008.

24 comments:

whoistracy said...

Congrats Meg! Their stamps are delicious- no? Can't wait to see what you create with them!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

OMG Meg! You take a little time to PCS and you miss out on all kinds of news! You certainly have been busy while I have been packing, moving and unpacking - WOW! What a summer for you eh? I AM SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS! YAAY!
~Meredith

Emily said...

Congrats Meg! I look forward to see your designs at Market Street! What an adorable card!!!

-Emily
http://www.createserendipity.net

Sarah said...

Love that Computer Cutie card, Meg! I have plans to cut a map with my Silhouette too, but this is just too flippin' sweet.

Angelica - Market Street Stamps said...

LOL! Meg, I absolutely love reading your posts, you crack me up! I simply adore your card, what an awesome way to showcase this set!! We're SO happy to have you aboard!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so love this card and congrats to you!!! Hope all is well and I love dogs too!!!!

Jess said...

Love the card! The "pins" on the map are so cute!

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations, Meg!! This is totally adorable. I LOVE the world map with the red pins! I see Ang, Linds and I in that little cluster above the Great Lakes. :D And of course that laptop with the glossy screen is super cute! Way to rock your MSS debut.

Amy Kolling said...

Congrats to you Meg!! So very creative with this computer set! Love your little pins!!

Stephanie Washburn said...

Girl, you make me wanna go out and buy a Silhouette like today... you're killing me! SUPER cute card and we are so, so happy to have you as one of our new designers!

Anonymous said...

OMGOODNESS!!! so so so cute! love it! totally gonna lift this card from you hahaha.
Congrats on the new gig!

Micia
yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

Jenny said...

Cute is just the perfect word for your card, I must check this company out...I hear my Paypal acct sighing already, Lol
jenny x

Gaylynn said...

Now following here. Congrats on the great news.

http://blog.neatthings-boutique.com

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Congrats on your DT position over at Market Street Stamps!!!Your card is just fabulous.

NoraAnne said...

Congratulations!!!! I just found them recently too and am the proud new owner of a stamp set and an individual stamp, hopefully the
1st of many! Can't wait to see what you create for them!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Congrats, Meg! I am in love with that card! Awesome! :)

Michele Gross said...

Woot Woot! So excited to be on the MSS team with you! Just became a follower too :)

Jessica said...

What a cute card...thanks for sharing :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Congrats to you!!! Another well deserved accomplishment!!!!!!!!! Definitely going to go check out MSS.

LOL of the Dorg definition. You are funny. I love 'falling up stairs', but I have done that a few times too!!

Oh - the card!...yes...........so great!!! Computer Cutie is cute!!!

Have a great night :)
Maria

Lindsey said...

Big congrats, Meg! MSS is lucky to have you, you Gallery Idol finalist, you. :P And what a great first card! And I'm on it! :D

Smilie girl said...

Fantastically cute card.
I'm one of the red dots on the Eastern side of Oz. :)
I love the terminology for your dorg.

Angela said...

Oh my dorg, what a cutie computer! Hey, I see a few familiar dots on your map ;)

If I ever move to Ghana, I'll still follow you....

Congrats on the new gig!!

Brenda said...

such a cute, cute card! Looking forward to working with you on the team!

Jessi Fogan said...

Woohoo! Congratulations :)
And omg, I love this "geeky" card...what an awesome sentiment. Now I have to go check out MSS, because I swear I hadn't heard of them before, but then, I KNOW I live under a rock ;)
I wonder if Abby will turn into a dorg when she grows up...I have a sneaking suspicion!